Software Reengineering Experience
In 2011 alone, we helped reengineer over 2.5 million
lines of executable code.
BAI has experience in diverse software reengineering
applications in communications, database, scheduling,
message and protocol processing, and scientific and
engineering systems. We've reengineered systems written
in PL/1, IBM 360/370 assembly language, Fortran, Pascal,
C, and C++. We've worked on platforms from PCs to IBM
mainframes and Cray supercomputers--and most things in
Confidence comes from experience.
We're confident that we can contribute our expertise to
reengineering software on any machine, operating system,
and language combination.
Past and current projects include:
- Independent verification and validation of
reengineering projects and general software practices.
- Restructuring spaghetti code and eliminating
- Reverse engineering to recover software
designs for reuse.
- Identifying and correcting poor quality
practices in software.
- Rebuilding lost documentation.
- Creating modern software documentation using
- Translating and rehosting applications written
in older languages (e.g., assembly) and platforms to modern
languages (e.g., C) on client-server architectures.
- Redesigning "flat" database files into
entity-relationship database implementations.
[BAI home page|
BAI reengineering page |
©2012 Bloomberg and Associates, Inc.