BAI Reengineering Services
A Short List of Essential Software Reengineering Techniques With Brief Application Notes
BAI assists our customers in reengineering their software by:
- Improving software quality and understandability to reduce maintenance costs.
- If reengineering is done solely by BAI, expect to save 30% on future software maintenance activities!
- If reengineering is done jointly (BAI and you), expect to save 30 to 50% on future software maintenance activities!
- Preparing software elements for reuse in other software projects.
- Write less code more efficiently for greater software functionality!
- Benefit from your previous software investments!
- Reworking source code to permit further functionality extensions, including preparation for converting applications into an object oriented paradigm.
- Make your existing code do more without falling into the new development trap!
- Prepare your applications to move into the future!
BAI applies a wide variety of techniques to assist in improving the efficiency of existing applications and in reducing the cost of maintaining, reusing, or extending existing software.
Selecting and applying the appropriate techniques is a fundamental activity in efficiently achieving business and technical objectives in the reengineering process.
BAI's software reengineering techniques include:
For more information on any of these services or techniques, please contact us.
- Restructuring routines.
- Redundant code consolidation.
- Verification and validation.
- Software understanding and redocumentation.
- Data standardization.
- Language translation and upgrade
(e.g., assembly language to C.)
- Database reformatting and restructuring.
- Reverse engineering.
[BAI home page|
BAI Reengineering |
©2012 Bloomberg and Associates, Inc.